Welcome to my 2010 photo blog.

During this year I am taking up a challenge to post a photo a day on this blog. I am a beginner photographer hoping to learn much about my camera and how to take photos.

Monday, February 1, 2010

Shape Pictures

Today my topic is something from my professional life. I teach computers to Grades 1 to 3 at a prep school. Mondays and Fridays I have only Grade 1's and at the beginning of the year it's one step at a time because most of them are experiencing computers for the first time.

This lesson is one from the Computers4Kids programme that we use. The children have to build pictures using basic shapes and lovely bright colours. It's similar to the pictures we had to make using coloured sticky paper when I was in Grade 1. Now the children use technology - of course!

I have to say that I am always amazed at the amazing progress the grade 1's make considering most of them don't have computers at home. Learning is such fun - for them and for me.

No comments: