Welcome to my 2010 photo blog.

During this year I am taking up a challenge to post a photo a day on this blog. I am a beginner photographer hoping to learn much about my camera and how to take photos.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pink Rose

I had a choice of a few shots to post today. I started out with one little purple flower and ended up with this lovely delicate pink rose. This rose grows in pot in our back garden. I forget the name but it flowers a lot. Growing plants in pots here means they are easier to water with a little bit of water in a drought.

Growing flowers is so satisfying and roses are my favourite. Like taking photos it's a learning curve.

Our constant prayer in PE is that we get good rains - and soon. The latest estimate is that we're going to run out of water by July. A scary thought but one that makes us realise just how precious water is - more precious than life itself.

No comments: