Welcome to my 2010 photo blog.

During this year I am taking up a challenge to post a photo a day on this blog. I am a beginner photographer hoping to learn much about my camera and how to take photos.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Full Moon Beauty

Tonight was full moon so Mark and I went down to the beach with the tripod to get in on the action. We took dozens of photos but were disappointed with many of them as they lacked definition. We also realised that we should have cleaned the lens before we started as it had some spots - probably from last night's photo shoot. This was one of the better photos although some of the others were interesting.

Just before I took this a school of dolphins swam gently across the beach just beyond the breakers. It was an awesome moment and although we took lots of photos they weren't really visible as they didn't breach at all, but what an exciting sighting of these beautiful creatures. I was just thinking about how doing this challenge has made us more open to photo opportunities. For me it has become the daily chance to "stop and smell the roses". A great idea and I feel so privileged to have started on this adventure.

No comments: