Welcome to my 2010 photo blog.

During this year I am taking up a challenge to post a photo a day on this blog. I am a beginner photographer hoping to learn much about my camera and how to take photos.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sweetie Hearts

You're looking at the face of bribery here today peeps. As you know I'm the computer teacher for Grades 1 to 3 at my school. We introduce the learners to the ThinkQuest website from Grade 2. It's a secure platform for project work which means that each child has to have a unique username and password to log in. The little ones really struggle to copy their username exactly as it is on their name card - then there's still the password. When we first started out it took the first 20 minutes to get everyone in. So I resorted to bribery. I buy these little heart sweets and any child who manages to log in without my help gets a sweetie heart. It's worth it for my sanity. ;-)

ThinkQuest really is a great site for kids once they get the hang of it. Of course I'm biased because we were world winners in the U12 narrative competition last year. Yeah! A first for South Africa! Well done Team.

No comments: