Welcome to my 2010 photo blog.

During this year I am taking up a challenge to post a photo a day on this blog. I am a beginner photographer hoping to learn much about my camera and how to take photos.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday 7 February- Flight

Ok, we've done the Nicholas thing - he's the cutest. I know I have already posted a photo today but the first one was for yesterday. I was having trouble with the internet the past couple of days - apart from which little babies are so time consuming I just didn't get to uploading my photos.

Now this picture is really for today. I kept the camera with me during my flight back from Durban to PE. This is a shot of the large sand dunes east of Port Elizabeth just before the coast of Africa turns to the north-east. One doesn't usually get a sighting of these dunes on the ground unless one is hiking along the beach. This section of the coast forms part of the greater Addo Elephant Park reserve and it's quite a fascinating area.  There are apparently springs of water that flow through the dunes.

It was quite difficult to get his shot because the sun was low to the left of the airplane window and it created the white light effect there but I love this sight from the air because it means we're almost home.

No comments: