Welcome to my 2010 photo blog.

During this year I am taking up a challenge to post a photo a day on this blog. I am a beginner photographer hoping to learn much about my camera and how to take photos.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Urban sunrise

Today is one of those days when I feel I'm running out of inspiration. I went out early this morning and captured these colourful clouds just before they lost their colours and turned grey. We live in a pretty built-up area so I had to stand on a garden bench to get above the clutter below. I'm quite pleased with the swirl shape of the clouds and the colours but I thought I might find something more inspiring later in the day. It was not to be. When I came home it was hot and dry. I can't even bear to go out and look at my back garden because everything is wilting for lack of water and our rain tank is just about empty. Not much to spare. Now where did that promised rain go? To KZN province of course! Poor people have suffered with so many downpours since October that they're waterlogged. We live in hope that tomorrow will bring some relief. In the meantime Mark and I are off to the beach to enjoy this glorious, wind-free afternoon. Of course I'll take the camera along..... 

No comments: