Welcome to my 2010 photo blog.

During this year I am taking up a challenge to post a photo a day on this blog. I am a beginner photographer hoping to learn much about my camera and how to take photos.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Fabulous Fungus

This is my photo for today. My husband spotted this bright yellow fungus "growing" out of the side of our garden table this morning. I used the macro function because it's actually quite small - just a few millimeters across. I love the bright yellow colour. It looks almost edible. I was wondering what prompted it to start growing there. The light rains we've had after the prolonged drought?

I need to do some more studying up on the macro function. I just don't seem to get the same definition my friend, Maggie gets with her camera. Whew, this photography is technical stuff! I'm enjoying it and a daily photo is certainly a way to learn about one's camera.

No comments: