Welcome to my 2010 photo blog.

During this year I am taking up a challenge to post a photo a day on this blog. I am a beginner photographer hoping to learn much about my camera and how to take photos.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Vulture Pigeons


These pigeons "hang around" the back door of our house and that of our neighbours every afternoon at dog feeding time. They become very bold as they fly down and steal from the dogs' bowls.

Occasionally our little black female Staffie manages to catch one and she makes a real meal of it leaving feathers scattered all over the lawn as a warning to other "dog food thieves".

Sadly the storm clouds of yesterday didn't produce any significant rain apart from a few drops this morning. I even hung the washing out hoping to bring the rain on but it was not to be. Ah well, tomorrow's another day. 

No comments: