Welcome to my 2010 photo blog.

During this year I am taking up a challenge to post a photo a day on this blog. I am a beginner photographer hoping to learn much about my camera and how to take photos.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Meet me by Moonlight

Long ago and far away this was the name of a musical my Dad produced in the amateur theatre days in Durban. The title came to mind when I saw the moon tonight.

I need to read up some more about ISO and the like but I'm quite please about how this one came out. I love the way some of the leaves on the bush sparkle with the reflected light and the roof of the house creates a great silhouette. You can even see two stars in the picture.  Not too shabby after all. Anyone with tips please post in comments.

Shortly after I took this shot I went out again and took some shots with the ISO set at 200. By that time some wispy clouds had blown across the moon and the reflection was too much. I preferred this shot. I'm afraid I can't remember the settings for this shot because I played around so much that I forget what I used for each one.

No comments: