Welcome to my 2010 photo blog.

During this year I am taking up a challenge to post a photo a day on this blog. I am a beginner photographer hoping to learn much about my camera and how to take photos.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Friendly Frog


Isn't he gorgeous? Such a handsome chap.
I woke up very early - of course it's a Saturday. I spent some time out in the garden feeding and spraying the roses and generally pottering around.
This pot is near the front door and it had a geranium growing in it. They're supposed to be hardy and drought resistant but sadly it didn't survive. Once I'd pulled the dead plant out I saw this rough "thing" in the corner. I thought it might be a bulb or something and put my hand in to pick it up - only to discover Freddy here.

I don't like touching frogs but I have to admire this beauty. I'm leaving him to live in peace here because the pot is near our bedroom window. Perhaps he'll keep the mosquitoes away. Or maybe he'll croak..... oh no, then he's going to be exported to the bush.

No comments: