Welcome to my 2010 photo blog.

During this year I am taking up a challenge to post a photo a day on this blog. I am a beginner photographer hoping to learn much about my camera and how to take photos.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

19 January - The PE Mushroom


My internet was non functional last night so this is actually the photo for 19 January. I had trouble finding inspiration for my photo today. Then I hit on the idea of taking a photo of our new stadium from a view site near our home. It was taken late afternoon and the clouds and the sea formed such a lovely background. I also like the tree on the right and the way it adds depth to the photo.

This is 2010, the year of the Fifa World Cup to be hosted in South Africa. There is an enormous amount of excitement building as well as lots of negative comments doubting our country's ability to host such an event. Port Elizabeth is a small city with a smallish airport so it's going to be a challenge but what a priviledge! God bless South Africa and her people in 2010.

No comments: