Welcome to my 2010 photo blog.

During this year I am taking up a challenge to post a photo a day on this blog. I am a beginner photographer hoping to learn much about my camera and how to take photos.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Passing clouds.



It's Friday! Always a great feeling. This afternoon I came home and thought about what I could photograph for my daily photo. At first I thought I would take a photo of our elderly male staffie, Mutt. He was having none of it - even when I sat down under the tree and waited for him to relax. Every time I lifted the camera he slunk off looking as if he was about to be attacked.

I then decided that since I was already outside I'd look for a bug and try Maggie's skill with macro. No bugs today. It's been hot and the wind was howling so everything is parched and dry. I even got down on my hands and knees to see if I could spot something. No joy.

Then I decided that since I was already so far down I'd just lie down on my back on the grass and enjoy the shade of the tree. It was such a great feeling to be lying there looking up into the sky. I watched the clouds racing by, driven by the wind. I then took a few photos and decided to select this one as my daily shot. The joy was just lying on the grass relaxing in the shade.

No comments: