Welcome to my 2010 photo blog.

During this year I am taking up a challenge to post a photo a day on this blog. I am a beginner photographer hoping to learn much about my camera and how to take photos.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Tranquility - 21 March 2010

This photo was taken from the campsite at Nature's Valley. The Groot Rivier runs alongside the camp which is situated in the most beautiful indigenous forest with majestic Yellowoods amongst other indigenous specimens. I went off on a quiet walk alone in search of a butterfly to photograph and instead took this photo of light and shade. It really was a most tranquil spot and although I saw lots of little butterflies flitting around none of them was the least bit interested in stopping to let me take a photo.

I really like this photo. It has a sense of mystery to it. One can almost hear the silence.....

No comments: