Welcome to my 2010 photo blog.

During this year I am taking up a challenge to post a photo a day on this blog. I am a beginner photographer hoping to learn much about my camera and how to take photos.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Singing in the Rain

Tonight Elton John is visiting PE for his "Under African Skies" tour. The concert is being held in the open on a sport's field in the University complex. I guess the organisers thought they'd be safe to hold a concert in the open in PE. We are in the grip of a terrible drought and yesterday we were declared a disaster area.

Well sorry for Elton but this evening we had a thunderstorm with lots of lightening and it poured buckets. Those people at the concert can't be too comfortable but oh how we needed this rain. If nothing else it has filled our rain tanks and means we have a backup supply to keep some of the precious plants alive. This shot is taken from our front verandah. It was already fairly dark but my wonderful camera captured the scene quite well. I used the night shot setting.

No comments: