Welcome to my 2010 photo blog.

During this year I am taking up a challenge to post a photo a day on this blog. I am a beginner photographer hoping to learn much about my camera and how to take photos.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Protea Family

This afternoon I walked around my sad and very dry garden looking for some inspiration for my photo. It was quite depressing to see the plants curled and dry, longing for some refreshing water. We are restricted to 500 litres a day so there's nothing to spare for the garden.

This flower is one of the beautiful Protea family - our national flower. The plant is indigenous and it seems to be coping well with the drought. It's an unusual protea but I love the colours.

This evening it is raining! It's amazing. So wonderful to hear the drip of water and feel the refreshing cooler air. Thank you Lord for blessings. We heard on the news that there has been over 50mm in the Baviaanskloof area which feeds Port Elizabeth's main dam. That is such good news.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For me flowers usually look so much better 'in the flesh'. I think this one looks better in the photo - mainly because my eye is not distracted by the surrounding vegetation. The colours are subdued but lovely.