Welcome to my 2010 photo blog.

During this year I am taking up a challenge to post a photo a day on this blog. I am a beginner photographer hoping to learn much about my camera and how to take photos.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Birthday Excitement

This is a spontaneous photo taken of a little girl who was celebrating her birthday today. She's in Grade 1 and turned 7. Birthday children are allowed to wear "civvies" on their birthday. This little girl's hot pink outfit stood out so brightly against the uniform of the other girls.

Birthday girl was so excited and was certainly celebrating life with her friends. They danced and sang together and she was enjoying it enormously.

I tried to get another posed photo of her with her friends but as soon as the other kids in the vicinity realised there was a photo being taken they all rushed over and tried to get in on the picture and spoilt the moment. There's something about a camera and kids. They love to pose and wave. So this action shot is the best I could get. I actually enjoy the little girl on the right at the front. She is also so absorbed in the game. One gets the sense of excitement and movement from them all.

No comments: