Welcome to my 2010 photo blog.

During this year I am taking up a challenge to post a photo a day on this blog. I am a beginner photographer hoping to learn much about my camera and how to take photos.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Friday 19 March - Proteas

I couldn't visit the southern Cape without photographing the beautiful Protea - our national flower. I took this one quite late on Friday as we approached our camping site at Nature's Valley. This is a variety with gorgeous colours growing in the wild. One just can't capture the beauty of these flowers growing profusely in the wild in a florists bouquet. They are so stunning. This photo was taken with the zoom lens from the car window. I couldn't get closer because of a deep ditch on the side of the road. We were also anxious to reach the camp before dark.

Special flowers.

No comments: