Welcome to my 2010 photo blog.

During this year I am taking up a challenge to post a photo a day on this blog. I am a beginner photographer hoping to learn much about my camera and how to take photos.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Bugs!

Ok, so this is an example of a very bad macro shot. I became very excited when I arrived at school this morning because I spied this lovely colourful beetle right near the main door. He wasn't going anywhere in a hurry and there was time to take multiple shots.

Sadly I did something wrong again. The flowers came out well but my bug is a bit fuzzy. He was also at an awkward angle - sort of hanging upside down - so it was difficult to get a picture of his back which was lovely. All those photos came out very dark because of back light.

Back to the drawing board. I had made sure the digital zoom was off and I set it to macro....I still need lots of practice. I'm posting this shot as a bad example of my skills and hopefully by the end of the year I will have some brilliant macro shots to show off. :-)

Tomorrow we're off to Nature's Valley reserve to camp for the long weekend. I'm looking forward to finding something new and different to photograph. Beautiful forest, lots of birds and hopefully some bugs.

No comments: