Welcome to my 2010 photo blog.

During this year I am taking up a challenge to post a photo a day on this blog. I am a beginner photographer hoping to learn much about my camera and how to take photos.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sweep of Beach

This lovely sweep of clouds and sea is a sight one gets from the national road between Humansdorp and Port Elizabeth. This afternoon it looked particularly dramatic with the banks of clouds. I just had to stop and take a quick photo. It's always a risk stopping the car on the road because of the high crime rate in South Africa but I just had to take the chance. I didn't get out of the car - I took the photo from the open window.  I wished I'd had the opportunity to get out and take a better shot but this one will do.

In the last two weekends I have travelled this road 10 times going back and forth to facilitate and Intel Essentials course. I'm not bored with the scenery yet. It changes according to light and weather. Last weekend I took the photo of "Morning Vista". I haven't seen that area looking like that again. It changes all the time - that's what makes nature and photography so interesting. Taking a daily photo is my opportunity to "smell the roses".

No comments: