Welcome to my 2010 photo blog.

During this year I am taking up a challenge to post a photo a day on this blog. I am a beginner photographer hoping to learn much about my camera and how to take photos.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Colour and Texture

I was rather busy with admin stuff this afternoon, not feeling very inspired about what to take as my daily photo. I was feeling rather sorry I didn't look for a subject at school. I wandered around the garden and stopped in front of a pile of logs we have stacked for our winter fires - and there it was! I love the rough, dry bark. Then I saw the pink flowers waving in the breeze and I enjoyed seeing the contrast between the rough and the delicate. I picked one of the blossoms and here is the result. It's amazing what one can find in nature when one is looking.

This picture is a bit like life. It can be rough and hard. Our lives are fragile. We need to handle them with care.

No comments: