Welcome to my 2010 photo blog.

During this year I am taking up a challenge to post a photo a day on this blog. I am a beginner photographer hoping to learn much about my camera and how to take photos.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

White on White

Today I spent a very quiet day at home. It was restful but I did get a lot done pottering around. Late in the afternoon I was still looking for inspiration for a photo for my blog. I didn't find any inspiring flowers/ insects/ reflections....... Blank.

So I took a photo of a painting I did a couple of years ago whilst attending art classes. It's in oils and it was done as an exercise in shading and texture. The teachers put all these "white" items over a chair and we had to capture the shades and the textures of the fabrics. It was absorbing and therapeutic and of course I learned a lot.

No comments: