Welcome to my 2010 photo blog.

During this year I am taking up a challenge to post a photo a day on this blog. I am a beginner photographer hoping to learn much about my camera and how to take photos.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Trip Preparations

Only about 6 weeks left before we take off on our trip north through Africa. We anticipate camping some of the time and so today we took out our tent and put it up in the back garden to check out all the bits. Mark washed the fly sheet and the sleeping bags and made sure the zips work easily. Clean, sort, repair.... So now we're one step nearer being good to go.

The photo is not amazing or well composed - merely a record of our preparations for the big trip. We are getting very excited. Tomorrow I will buy my malaria prophylactics (Mark has his), we've both had Yellow Fever injections and we have international driver's licences. The non perishable foods have been bought and packed and we're starting to pick out and put aside clothes we'll be taking with us.

Sorry we'll be missing out on most of the hype of the Soccer World Cup but what an opportunity......

No comments: