Welcome to my 2010 photo blog.

During this year I am taking up a challenge to post a photo a day on this blog. I am a beginner photographer hoping to learn much about my camera and how to take photos.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Ripples in a Barrel

 I spent a lot of time looking for a photo today, including sitting in the flower beds and waiting for a likely bee/butterfly/insect. I saw a number of insects but none of my photos were particularly interesting. The insects just didn't co-operate by sitting still long enough and eventually I was in danger of nodding off in the lovely warm sun. Then I looked into this barrel we placed beneath a leak in the gutter. It took a long time to catch this shot. It includes the sides of the barrel, the sky and the wall of the house. The bonus was capturing the three ripples as a drop hit the water.

No comments: