Welcome to my 2010 photo blog.

During this year I am taking up a challenge to post a photo a day on this blog. I am a beginner photographer hoping to learn much about my camera and how to take photos.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Trapped and Terrified

This silly (naughty) pigeon came inside for a visit this afternoon. He and his family are a pest because they come into the laundry looking for the dog food and when something startles them they fly into the house instead of out side.

This chap first perched on the pelmet in the kitchen then when I tried to coax him out he flew into the living room and perched on this shelf looking for all the world like another ornament. The amusing thing about this photo is that the picture on the mug on the right is of John Wesley preaching but in this context he looks like he's trying to shoo the bird away. The duck on the left is hissing at the pigeon telling him to "be gone!" and the guinea fowl is wandering around saying, "What? Where? Who?" in her usual pea brain way. The situation gave me my afternoon chuckle. Shortly after this the pigeon flew down to the open window and escaped.

No comments: