Welcome to my 2010 photo blog.

During this year I am taking up a challenge to post a photo a day on this blog. I am a beginner photographer hoping to learn much about my camera and how to take photos.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Gazillion Dollar Gazanias

I'm very aware that when I go into the garden these days I'm looking for insects I can practice my macro shots on. I even planted these gazanias recently to try and encourage butterflies to the garden. Perhaps because we are in a built up area or because of the drought, but we just don't see much. A few bees, the odd butterfly that doesn't perch on a flower or the pesky flies are all we have.

Nevertheless I continue to nurture the gazanias, tulbaghia, wild dagga, plumbago and bush violets in the hope that we will have more visitors. Here's hoping......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wild Dagga? Hmmm.....