Welcome to my 2010 photo blog.

During this year I am taking up a challenge to post a photo a day on this blog. I am a beginner photographer hoping to learn much about my camera and how to take photos.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

African Hoopoe

This photo is not about to win any prizes. It's marred by the remains of a phone wire across it. I tried fixing it in iPhoto but I need more practice at that sort of thing.  However, the African Hoopoe is a great sight for us urban dwellers. We live in a very built up area of PE. The most we usually see is pigeons and Cape swallows.

This morning I was standing in the garden when I spied this beauty in a tree two gardens away. I had to use the full digital zoom to capture him and then still zoom in using iPhoto. It was a great start to my day. :-)

No comments: