Welcome to my 2010 photo blog.

During this year I am taking up a challenge to post a photo a day on this blog. I am a beginner photographer hoping to learn much about my camera and how to take photos.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Saturday 7 August - Sea Gifts

We spent the weekend at Storm's River mouth in the Tsitsikamma National Park. This is a beautiful area of our southern Cape including indigenous forests and a marine reserve. Mark and I spotted a Southern Right Whale blowing and breaching off shore. See  the whale on the right.

It's not easy to capture a whale on camera so I just pointed in his direction and shot one photo after another. When I downloaded this photo there was our whale. Even more exciting is the school of dolphins in the bottom left of the photo surfing in the breakers. What a joy!

No comments: