Welcome to my 2010 photo blog.

During this year I am taking up a challenge to post a photo a day on this blog. I am a beginner photographer hoping to learn much about my camera and how to take photos.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday 30 August 2010 - Sparrow's back!

Earlier this year I watched a family of Cape Sparrows as they brought their fledglings to the feeder. The babies went through the process of learning to eat from the feeder as I watched. It was very entertaining and I spent a lot of time in the late afternoons watching them. Shortly after that the doves and pigeons began rocking the feeder until it fell to the ground so that they could get to the food. I gave up and put the feeder away for a few months. Now that the sparrows have returned after the winter months I've taken the feeder out again and the afternoon ritual of watching the birds in the garden has begun. We recently seem to have a greater variety of birds so I'm really enjoying my feathered friends.

No comments: