Welcome to my 2010 photo blog.

During this year I am taking up a challenge to post a photo a day on this blog. I am a beginner photographer hoping to learn much about my camera and how to take photos.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thursday 9 December 2010 - Flax Flowers

Yesterday I drove from Qumbu to Gonubie where I spent the night with my dear friend Claire - we've been friends since primary school. I then got up at 5am and drove south to Port Elizabeth, arriving at school at 8:30am.

At home I looked for a photo topic in the garden and was amazed to find this flax (pink and green leaved plant) with an orange and yellow spray of flowers growing from it. It seems incongruous somehow. The pink flower back left is a pelargonium that is very prolific in my garden. I never even knew that Flax got flowers .... I live and learn.

No comments: