Welcome to my 2010 photo blog.

During this year I am taking up a challenge to post a photo a day on this blog. I am a beginner photographer hoping to learn much about my camera and how to take photos.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Pale Beauty

I was told by a friend that these are a variety of daffodil called Narcissus. They are just beginning to open - thankfully before we go off on our long trip. They are so delicate and beautiful. What a blessing.
They were here when we bought the house and they just come up of their own accord every year, along with a variety of bulbs. The previous owner of our house was an old lady with a passion for gardening. Her family took most of the potted stuff when she died but little surprises like this remain and bring sudden joy to our lives. Thank you Dorothy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's so amazing that you get daffodils in mid-winter! They come out in the UK in early spring and all of ours have gone now. The roses are now making their appearance... :)

Thank you mum for your lovely blog. It brings a lot of joy to my day!

xxx